- Our Organisation
- Senate Opening Statements & Inquiries, and Reports
Senate Opening Statements & Inquiries, and Reports
Explore Senate opening statements, inquiries, and reports on the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility (NAIF).
Senate Inquiry into the Governance and Operation of the NAIF
NAIF’s Opening Statement to the Senate Inquiry in the Governance and Operation of the NAIF on 11 August 2017.
NAIF welcomes the opportunity to provide a submission to the Senate Inquiry into the Governance and Operation of the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility. The NAIF’s submission demonstrates NAIF’s governance is robust and transparent to ensure the successful implementation of NAIF’s mandate entrusted to it by the Commonwealth.
Australian National Audit Office report on Governance and Integrity of the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility
Full details of the report and NAIF’s response are available at https://www.anao.gov.au/work/performance-audit/governance-and-integrity-the-northern-australia-infrastructure-facility
Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility 2020 Statutory Review
The review considered:
- whether to extend NAIF’s investment period beyond 30 June 2021
- appropriate governance arrangements for the NAIF after that date
- if the NAIF’s framework best supports economic development in northern Australia and other issues
It also looked at the NAIF’s potential to support the Government’s economic stimulus and recovery response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The recommendations include:
- extending the NAIF’s operations for five years until 30 June 2026
- accelerating its lending rate
- expanding the scope of projects eligible for NAIF funding
- increasing the NAIF’s risk appetite
- strengthening the NAIF’s governance framework
Find out more
Whether you're interested in understanding our investment process, exploring the sectors we support, utilising our Indigenous Engagement Strategy Toolkit, or seeking answers to frequently asked questions, we've got you covered. Click on our quick links in this section to discover more about our mission and impact.